Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
Hi there, I had a dramatic cam failure while running @ 65 mph in my 99 SHO. VIN on this beauty is 1FAFP54N9XA277393.
Details Pending - Buford
1. VIN#s : 1FAFP54N9XA277393
2. Date of malfunction : 11/4/07
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) : Arizona Highway 89 between Kirkland Junction and Peeples Valley.
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction: 120,000 + or -.
5. How fast were you traveling?: 65MPH
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?: On cruise control.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?: Purchased used on 5/23/07
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase : 114,000
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. (Redacted)
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) : Set the car on cruise control, RPMs were approximately 2200 RPM. experienced a loss of power and RPMs in excess of 4000RPM. I slowed down, noticed temperature rising, and managed to drive 6 more miles at reduced speed to Peeples Valley.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) None
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. N/A
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) None
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? N/A
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Removed front valve cover, and discovered the first cam secondary sprocket to have slipped.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) N/A
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?: Either furnish parts to repair the vehicle or replace the engine.
ęCopyright 2000 - 2007; all rights reserved by V8SHO