1. VIN#s I don't know it off hand, already got rid of SHO.
2. Date of malfunction. 7/29/2003
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) Mountain Highway.
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 41k.
5. How fast were you traveling? Approx 50mph.
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? Accelerating.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? November 1997, new.
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase. 12.
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Kyle Witter,
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction.) I was driving up the mountains from Palm Desert, California @ about 50mph, accelerating. The car was running perfect, and started knocking heavily. I could feel the vibrating through the steering wheel, and immediately pulled over. I let the car sit for about 15 minutes before restarting, at which point it wouldn't turn over initially. After about 3 tries, the car started. Friend standing at back of car informed me of extreme heat coming from the exhaust. I went back and felt it, and could feel the heat coming out from at least a foot back. The car continued knocking until I went to shut it off, at this point, it sounded like a diesel or a tractor. We had it towed to a Ford dealer.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) Didn't call.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. N/A
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? Gosch Ford, in Hemet California. Didn't take it in for service, traded it in.
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? Cam Failure
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? Cam Failure.
16. How much was your statement? Estimated 8,000 to install a used engine.