Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
From: Kevin Hennessey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 9:13 am
Subject: Cam Failure
For those that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
1. VIN# - 1FAFP54N3XA247967
2. Date of malfunction - 8/17/07
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) - Driveway
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction - 119287
5. How fast were you traveling? - 0 mph
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? - Idling
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? - 8/17/07
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase -119279
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. - Kevin M Hennessey, (redacted)
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) - Pulled into driveway, from just purchasing the car. Heard a "dieseling" sound and shut off engine (Did not hear at dealership). Removed front valve cover. Observed small shinny marks on cam tube. Could see slight gear movement when rotating cam gear back and forth.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) - N/A
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. - N/A
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) - N/A
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? - N/A
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? - Cam gears starting to slip.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) - $600
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? - Reimburse total cost and expenses for repair.
Purchased the car off eBay from a local dealer. Engine idled and ran smooth and quiet when I inspected the car. Had all intention's of getting cams welded, but not within the first day of purchase, I guess I'm lucky to find it in time before it became catastrophic. Only ran the car to put on and off trailer for repairs.
Towed car to Rock Creek Automotive in NC. Very professional. Completed job in 3 hours. Changed plugs and wrapped rear wiring harness. Please update your list, and highly recommend to anyone in this area.
Please add me to your list of failures and class action lawsuit.
ęCopyright 2000 - 2007; all rights reserved by V8SHO