You can publish the letter and also you can put my Email public if anyone have questions.
2. Date of malfunction
March 25 2002
3. Where did the malfunction take place
In Laval, Quebec, Canada
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction
5. How fast were you traveling?
I was parked when I notice the sound.
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?
I was parked and the car was running on Idle.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?
March 22 2002, Used
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction)
I started to hear a clicking sound under the hood it made my car sound like if it had a Diesel engine. I brought the car back where I had bought it. The owner and I decided to bring the car to the closest dealer which was a Ford SVT authorized Dealer ( Which didn't know anything about SHO`s I had to show him everything even tough I'm not a mechanic...
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember)
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.
No, I had to bring them samples( Movies and MPG) taken from the Net of cars running exactly like mine. They were saying that the car needed Valves Adjustments...
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)
1610, Boul St-Martin Est
Laval, Qc, Canada
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?
Valves needed adjustments... But once they opened the motor they said that the car had a Broken Piston and one that was cracked... Just to remind you that I drove the car to the Dealer and was running good except of the clicking noise!
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
Camshaft Sprocket Failure
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)
9 805.87$ Cdn
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?
Extend the warranty of the car for another 100 000km since it has a brand new engine and also give me an allocation for the time that I was without a car. Also payback the Used-Car garage that sold me the car which was
responsible for the invoice of 9 805.87$.