We would like some information so we can share it with our lawyers and a narrative so we can post it here on V8SHO.
For those that had engine failure: Answer all the questions the best you can.
1. VIN#s 1FALP54N7VA132837
2. Date of malfunction Dec.28,2002
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) Street
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 93,000
5. How fast were you traveling? 35mph
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? Constant speed.
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? Sept.13,2002
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase 90,000
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night. Issachar Hardy . St.Louis Mo. 63104
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction) A ticking sound that started ,then stopped. Then one day I started the car and it was ticking again and then started knocking.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) I called but simply to get a quote for repair and once I got the numbers I called other places. I also asked if there were any recalls or anything.
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. No
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) I called McMahon Ford. St. Louis Mo.
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer? That the motor had gone bad.
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you? That the engine had been severely damaged after consulting with various mechanics in person and on the phone.
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt) 7,500 plus storage charges.
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Pay the cost of repairs and storage.