Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
2. Date of malfunction----September 21 2004 around 12:15am
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.)---- highway
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction---- about 111,600
5. How fast were you traveling?---- cruise set at about 70
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed?---- constant speed
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used?---- bought used on Jan. 6 2003
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase---- over 80,000
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.---- Christopher K. Nicol
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the malfunction)---- was just driving home from out of town didn't hear a thing the car just lost power then it started to sound strange sounded like half the engine was missing.
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) I called Bill Colwell Ford in Hudson Iowa (319) 988-4153 talked to terry
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain.- --- I felt I received good customer service they were prompt about getting the car in to the shop to look at, as far as answers I really didn't get any answers and still haven't gotten any they have never seen a SHO motor have this problem is what I was told so they didn't know what was wrong and wouldn't till they got in to the engine.
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#)---- listed above
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?---- undetermined they haven't pinpointed it yet
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?---- unsure
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)---- haven't had it repaired yet the car is still in the shop and their waiting for a reply from me what to do next.
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner?---- if its a faulty cam then I think that ford should pay for the repairs on the car because they knew about the problem and never did anything to correct the problem in the first place.