Home | Mailing List | Specifications | Care and Feeding | Modifications | Vendors | Literature
good morning, my name is Chris Anglin, and I own a 1996 ford Taurus Sho. It has some sort of engine failure and I have listed it on ebay go get whatever I can for it. Then a very curious member of your V8sho website instructed me to contact you guys. Something about a class-action and the cam failure. I guess my question is does my car fall under this? can I have ford fix my car? even though my car has over 217,000 miles. and GOD only knows how many previous owners.
Feel free to call me at (del) , again my name is Chris Anglin
I called Chris - More Details Pending. Chris owned 2 V8SHOs both had cam Failures.
This car: 1996, 217k, 1FALP54N4TA244248, SILVER with Tan,
Prior SHO: 1997, ~60k, VIN?, Black w/ grey
1. VIN#s 1FALPS4N4TA244248
2. Date of malfunction ??/??/2003
3. Where did the malfunction take place (highway, city streets, driveway, parking lot, etc.) CITY STREETS
4. Odometer reading at time of malfunction 212,156
5. How fast were you traveling? UNKNOWN
6. Were you accelerating or staying at a constant speed? UNKNOWN
7. Estimated date of purchase, new or used? UNKNOWN
8. Estimated Odometer reading at time of purchase UNKNOWN
9. Full Name, address, and a good phone# to reach you at during the day and night.
CHRISTOPHER A. ANGLIN
10. Brief description of the time of events leading towards
the malfunction. (what did you hear and see before, during, and after the
11. Customer service phone # you called and the name of the person you talked to. (if you can remember) TWO RIVERS FORD, NASHVILLE TN 614-391-4244
12. Did you feel satisfied with the answers customer service provided? Explain. NO, THEY TOLD ME THE CAR WAS OUT OF WARRANTY , BUT THEY COULD REPLACE THE ENGINE FOR $13,000
13. Which dealership did you take your vehicle in for service? (name, address, phone#) HAVE NOT TAKEN IT ANYWHERE
14. What was the cause of failure determined by the dealer?
15. What was the cause of failure determined by you?
16. How much was your statement? (I hope you kept your receipt)
17. What can FOMOCO do to make you a satisfied Ford owner? Admit there is a problem they knew about, and fix the car.